Friday, July 22, 2016

An interview with the Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein


An interview in English with HRH The Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein.

Princess Sophie was born Duchess Sophie in Bavaria, and is the eldest daughter of Duke Max in Bavaria and his Swedish-born wife, Countess Elizabeth Douglas.

She married HSH Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein on July 3, 1993.  They have four children:  Prince Joseph-Wenzel, Princess Marie-Caroline, Prince Georg and Prince Nikolaus.

My favorite part from the interview:

"Let us turn to a different subject altogether. As a descendant of the Stuarts, you are seen by Jacobites as a pretender to the British throne. The last time a member of that lineage claimed the throne was in the 18th century – so no one is really expecting you to assert your birthright. Or do you have a surprise up your sleeve?
This story was never something we discussed at home, and until I travelled to London with my school class, I had not even heard about it. An acquaintance of my English teacher once said to me: “But you’re a Stuart.” And I just thought: what is he talking about? When I got back home, I asked my parents. They found the whole thing hilarious, and then explained the background to me. I can therefore assure you, I shall not be asserting a claim to the British throne."

A few sighs of relief at Buckingham Palace, perhaps.

http://www.liechtenstein.li/en/country-and-people/state/princely-house-head-of-state/testseite1/?utm_source=Liechtenstein-Newsletter+%2528en%2529%252C+01.08.2016&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=eNewsletter&bpid=100700302&nlid=2117570846&mid=100691508&chk=hmheRx1T1D

1 comment:

MAXny said...

Great article!!!